Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We've come a long way, baby

I have already mentioned the truck driver who wound down his window to yell "LEGS" in my direction as I cycled to work recently. I only just thought of the appropriate response, which would have been "ARSE".

This morning, another truck driver shouted: "I finish up at 1!" (to which, I realise now, I should have suggested that he spend his afternoon at the zoo, where ogling is encouraged). But really, both blokes were rather polite in their approach, don't you think?

To top both of these Random Street Hollers, a friend reported a chav-tastic teen who called out "oy, luv!" to get her attention and then proceeded to tell her, "You look really nice today luv, and I 'ope you have a good day".

I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this in the Seventies. Thank goodness some things have changed, eh?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...