Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Share-house living for introverts - the experiment comes to an end

experiment 2

What with the Halloween party and various extra people moving in/staying over at the house (seven of us at last count), I have had it. The wheels have fallen off this particular experiment, sadly. I reached breaking point last week, when Friday found me a nervous wreck after existing on virtually no sleep for several weeks. I tearfully booked flights back to Australia for Christmas (yay!) and decided that I need to move out in order to preserve my sanity.

So now, the house hunting begins again. I can't afford to live on my own (which I would do in a heart-beat) so I am going to try and find a flat to share with one other girl. Like I was was doing just 5 months ago.

*heaves world-weary sigh and slaps forehead at own stupidity*

Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. Something like: Go home, sister! Your parents miss you! London in the Winter is miserable! You aren't designed to be a travelling nomad!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I feel for you. I don't how know you survived 5 months in a share-house! You must have much more patience than me.

I have to admit, after having lived on my own for so long, the thought of sharing a house with even one other person makes me nervous. I'll have to get over that before the wedding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...