Saturday, April 21, 2007

Big Fat Banana Splodge Cookies

These are not attractive cookies, I don't mind telling you. The first time I made them, I was put off by their lumpy, bubbling, festering ugly-kid looks.

It didn't stop my boyfriend polishing off the lot, however, while my nose was upturned. This time around, in the name of scientific advancement, I taste tested them myself. They really are quite good.




175gm butter
3 small ripe bananas, sliced
2 eggs, beaten
100gm demerara sugar
100gm porridge oats
175gm plain flour (I used spelt)
1/2 tsp baking powder
200gm of whatever chocolate you happen to have lying about the place
(I like a mix of dark and white Green & Blacks)

Mix the butter, bananas, sugar and eggs together with a blender (or by hand if you prefer to do things the old-fashioned way). Add the oats, flour and baking powder. Chop the chocolate up into small bits and add to the mix.

Scoop hefty teaspoonfuls of mixture onto a greased baking tray, with LOTS of room for spreading (these ugly mofo's love to stretch out). Bake for 15-20 minutes at 175 degrees celcius, or until golden.

Close your eyes and take a bite of warm, gooey, chocolate-banana flavoured goodness.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oooohhh... I'm going to make some of these as well as Anzac bikkies for Wednesday. Sound yummy!

If I don't like the look of 'em I'll just close my eyes :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...